Janis K. Stocks has been a Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS) since the specialty was first created in 1980.
WHY DOES THE CALIFORNIA STATE BAR CERTIFY A CERTIFIED FAMILY LAW SPECIALIST
* To help the public identify attorneys who have demonstrated proficiency in specialized fields of law;
* To encourage the maintenance and improvement of attorney competence in specialized fields of law.
Family law is complex and constantly changing - a Certified Family Law Specialist stays current with the law
WHAT CAN A CERTIFIED FAMILY LAW SPECIALIST DO FOR YOU?
* Make certain marital settlement agreements and pre- or post-nuptial agreements are properly prepared;
* Identify tax issues which may affect the distribution of marital property and the payment of child, spousal or family support;
* Help you effectively deal with complex legal issues involving community property laws;
* Negotiate or mediate the difficult and emotional issues relating to legal separation, dissolution of marriage and child custody;
* Protect clients who need restraining orders for domestic violence;
* Handle matters relating to modification of child custody, spousal support or child support;
* Offer a collaborative process enabling clients to resolve their issues without court intervention.